2014 Audi SQ5 V6 owner review

I am now living my alternative The Transporter dream life and channelling my inner Jason Statham thanks to this SUV wolf in piano black sheep’s clothing.
Owner: Cliff

I am now living my alternative The Transporter dream life and channelling my inner Jason Statham thanks to this SUV wolf in piano black sheep’s clothing.

Having graduated from the seemingly mandatory white crew-cab ute required for country living into this seductive European tease of an SUV, I feel complete. Let’s start with the obvious – performance.

If you want a fast, agile, fun-to-drive SUV with brilliant take-off, then you buy an SQ5 with the smooth 3.0 bi-turbo V6 diesel. I honestly do not need to modify anything to improve performance as it is still a little too much for me. It is so much fun switching from comfort to dynamic with two clicks of the knob and then feeling like you just got into the ‘Mr Hyde’ version of your Dr Jekyll family transporter.

Technology – this car hits my peak technology sweet spot. I still boggle at self-cancelling indicators, so a car that opens and closes the hatch, guides me where to go, checks my tyre pressure, and remembers my seat position is getting close to AI territory for me.

Yes, the MMI still challenges me, but if I randomly twist enough knobs I find my way there. Or end up playing the same Nick Cave track from my phone on a continuous loop. And it has recognisable headlights and tail-lights – not some modern random LED squiggle that looks like a demented tween waving a glow stick at Summerdayze.

Comfort – spot on. The ride is smooth, the interior is all black, I am surrounded by leather, and the instrumentation is easy to read.

Discomfort – that annoying common sunroof rattle that I must get fixed, or just drive every day with the sunroof open. Price – this is a car that dropped 70 per cent in new price over nine years, so as long as the condition is good enough, you are getting a lot for your money.

I love this car, it fits me, it is effortless to drive, I like black, and I am ready for my first smuggling job – no questions asked.

Owner: Cliff

MORE: Everything Audi

The post 2014 Audi SQ5 V6 owner review appeared first on Drive.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : 2014 Audi SQ5 V6 owner review