2017 Mitsubishi Lancer Black Edition: owner review

I purchased this car brand-new from the showroom floor back in 2019. Since then, I’ve driven approximately 30,000km and loved most of them.
Owner: JR

What we love
  • Interior – sporty yet simple
  • Handling – fun, go-kart-like
  • Looks – aggressive, sporty, and doesn’t look overly outdated
What we don’t
  • Head unit – rubbish
  • Performance – enough for me but could be better
  • Economy – good, but seen better from other two-litre cars

I purchased this car brand-new off the showroom floor back in 2019. Since then, I’ve driven approximately 30,000km and loved most of them.

I’ll get the negatives out of the way first:
– It’s kinda slow… Fine for everyday driving, and has a little bit of ‘go’ to it when you put your foot down; however, the CVT transmission does hold it back.
– The head unit is awful, buggy rubbish and lacking in features. No maps, CarPlay or Auto. I went with an aftermarket set-up and it’s vastly improved every aspect of the car.
– The engine and road noise. As a younger guy, I don’t mind the noise. I quite like it, but I understand that it’s not for everyone.

Now it’s time for some of the positives:
– Mitsubishi did a great job at making this interior look nice enough and comfortable enough to get around in. It’s a simple, clean interior.
– The car handles brilliantly. When you throw it around, it feels like a little go-kart.
– The pearl metallic paint is gorgeous matched with the black accents that the Black Edition comes with.

As this is my first car, personally it’s been a great vehicle, and for the right price I believe it’s a great car as a daily commuter.

Owner: JR

MORE: Everything Mitsubishi

The post 2017 Mitsubishi Lancer Black Edition: owner review appeared first on Drive.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : 2017 Mitsubishi Lancer Black Edition: owner review