2021 MG HS Essence X: owner review

I had pretty much exclusively owned Hyundais for the last 25 years, but when it came time to get a new car, the only brand on my mind was MG.
Owner: Sally

What we love
  • Sleek design
  • The sunroof!
  • Safety features
  • High level of comfort – feels luxurious
What we don’t
  • Car play accessibility could be improved

I had pretty much exclusively owned Hyundais for the last 25 years, but when it came time to get a new car, the only brand on my mind was MG.

The current model of the same car I already owned has, in my opinion, priced itself out of the market. For about what I would spend on a middle-of-the-range vehicle, I bought two top-of-the-line MGs for myself and my daughter. I now have an MG HS Essence X and my daughter loves her MG 3 Excite.

I love the sleek design on the outside of the car. I’m not a tall person, and for me I feel safest with a bit of height while on the road, so I knew I wanted an SUV.

The leather interior and ability to customise everything were huge selling points, but the biggest thing that drew me to the MG HS Essence X was the sunroof. There is no better feeling than the wind in your hair while driving in luxurious comfort down the open road.

When it comes to any dislikes with the car – nothing! I love everything about my car.

The car handles beautifully. The technology that keeps you inside your lane took some getting used to at first, as it is strong. But once you relax into knowing how smart the car really is, you can drive anywhere with the ease that comes from the confidence of knowing you’re in safe hands.

It has been totally reliable. Together my daughter and I have driven some huge trips along dirt and country roads, and every time we have been safe and comfortable. Driving upwards of three hours can get very tiresome, but in my MG HS Essence X you’re kept relaxed and you’re able to stay alert and focused on what’s important: the road.

For future models, CarPlay accessibility could be improved. Sometimes it can be hard to navigate while actively driving.

Would I buy another or recommend to a friend? Absolutely! I recommend this car to anyone who will listen!

Owner: Sally

MORE: Everything MG

The post 2021 MG HS Essence X: owner review appeared first on Drive.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : 2021 MG HS Essence X: owner review